Monday, April 07, 2008

Class Blog

I have just started another blog, for use with my ICT classes. There is now a considerable quantity of class work which cannot be printed off and taken home to show parents, so I had to think of another way to do this. The blog seems to be the easiest way at present.
  • I started off by bringing all my Year 10's animations together in Movie Maker, adding some music from Freeplay, and creating a short movie. This could then be put directly into the class blog.
  • I've included presentations - PowerPoints added to Slideshare and embedded in the blog, and the Google presentation created by a group of Year 11s.
  • The use of labels, previously unexplored by me, will enable students to look at postings relevant to their year level.
  • A clever Year 11 student, with a keen interest in using Photoshop, will create a photo banner for the top of our blog.
After considerable thought, I decided to create a second Google account, for use by students. Unfortunately, however, my students are currently unable to log onto Blogger at school. I really hope to be able to let students make some postings, so hopefully we can overcome this problem.

No comments: